THE AUSTRALIAN ELEVATOR ASSOCIATION
A Handbook produced by the members is freely available by clicking on the above image. It contains a wealth of information, mostly in plain English. Some of the subjects covered are:
Risk management plan and life cycle
Persons in control of a business of undertaking (PCBU)
- Licensing and Plant registration
- Design registration
- Item registration
- Use of lifts (elevators) in an emergency
- Energy efficiency of plant
- Control systems for lifts (elevators)
- A hazard and risk process
- Abbreviations and definitions, which may assist in understanding terminology used in the VTI.
The Handbook is regularly updated to meet the ever-changing technology and governances that affect our industry.
To view the Handbook,
click on it.
SAFEWORK NSW ON ITEM REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
Follow this link to learn the latest requirements on Item Registration which came into effect on January 1, 2018: